Saturday, January 10, 2009

is 2009 really my Dektos year? the Drama...

2 corinthians 1: 15 ~20

"15 Because I was sure of this, I wanted to come to you first, so that you might have a double pleasure; 16 I wanted to visit you on my way to Macedonia, and to come back to you from Macedonia and have you send me on my way to Judea. 17 Was I vacillating when I wanted to do this? Do I make my plans like a worldly man, sometimes saying Yes, at other times saying No? 18 As surely as God is faithful, our word to you has not been Yes and No. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we preached among you, Silvanus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No; but in Him it is always Yes. 20 For all the promises of God find their Yes in Him. That is why we utter the Amen through Him, to the glory of God"

When I saw this verse, I was having a severe toothache the night before and unfortunately, I have a phobia of dentists. And the funny thing was, it intensified greatly only after my leader had declared my 2009 to be my "dektos" year, a year of profuse and free favors of God, and I knew that as I recieved the power to Speak the Word and proclaim His work, the devil discovered I was being empowered and worked to literally shut me up.

When my CG found out they prayed with me and I said Amen to healing and strength was renewed like the eagle. But when I got home, the pain just hit harder and harder. Clearly it was not a natural pain. I was not expecting an easy night at all, but after a panadol, I fell asleep while thinking on God's word and His promise of healing. This morning, I was told by my mother that I might have to undergo an expensive operation to do a "root canal" or implant a new tooth, as the problem area was the front tooth and having a hole there would be disastrous. I rejected it immediately and declared that it would require nothing more than a simple repair and that the Lord will take care of the rest.

While I was at fault for neglecting to brush everyday, I knew that the Lord is willing and well able to restore me. So before I go to the dentist, I shall declare for the world that God is in total control over my tooth and will not allow anything to harm me. He will work in the dentist and cause him/her to be careful and that the operation will not hurt. At all. I reject all reports of having to extract that tooth, for it is interfering with my plans for 2009. God is not just a God of big things, but of little things too.

Besides, I'm already believing God for my very first Israel Trip! And it will be my very first time on a plane too! PLUS!! I'm believing for enough spare change to get my driving liscence around the same time before they change the age limit. So I shall not allow this minor demon of infirmity to ruin my big plans.

If you happen to chance upon this blog, please comment with an Amen, for if 2 or more shall agree, it will be done for me in Heaven.

Amen?

1 comment: